Sunday, August 28, 2011

Good Morning Irene

Yes, she is still around.  Well, officially, according to the weather channel, Irene has left the area but trust me when I say that a little bit of her is still here.  We made it through the night without ever losing power.  We had a flicker or two early in the evening but it never ended up going out.  We lost satellite now and then but the dish is still on the roof because it is up now.  

I woke up at 2:00 AM - which was supposed to be the worst of it - and I turned on one of the spotlights on the back of the house.  I didn't see any wind at all.  Maybe I just caught it between gusts, maybe I was too sleep deprived to see anything.  I don't know.  I do know that for a lot of the night and even now, I can hear gusts of wind across the roof and around the edges of the house.

I won't be able to count fallen trees until daybreak but the house fared well.

It looks like our biggest weekend drama is yet to come - getting Big Boy to read his book and finish the summer book report that is due tomorrow.  I told him that he was taking a risk by hoping that the school would just blow away.

No comments:

Post a Comment