Jason the Cat left us early this morning. Lil' Bit was told to say goodbye and she pet Jason while having a nice little talk and then she moved on. I think I saw her wipe on little tear away but am not sure. I was not sure how that was going to go since it is the first pet we have lost since she joined our family. (not totally true but the other one was a cat who was not with us long enough for her to get attached. Jason used to sleep with her almost every night and the two wold hang out and have long chats about nothing or sometimes, I would catch her reading him a book. She said her goodbye when he was still alive and then a few hours later, asked where he was. When I told her he had died and we had buried him, she gave a little shrug and said "oh year, I forgot". Maybe when compared to the losses she suffered when she was two, losing a pet was not such a big deal.
Big Boy, on the other hand, has always been very sensitive. He still mourns pets that he can't really even remember having. He spent Jason's last few days hovering over him and crying. He kept thinking that we could save Jason but then saying that Jason was suffering. He did not take the loss well.
I am still annoyed with the vet for not just laying it out as it was. He should have told me that it was hopeless and helped me make the decision to let Jason go. It would have cut a lot of the drama short and would have saved Jason from a couple of days of suffering.
Goodbye Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment