Wednesday, November 28, 2012

You would think

The State of Maryland, the United States of America and the Republic of China have collectively investigated me and decided that I am fit to adopt a child.  A real live human being.  A defenseless child.

You would think that the Caroline County Animal Control would entrust me with one of their hundreds of homeless cats.

I had to fill out an application which included my beliefs on topics such as declawing, allowing pets outside, and how to handle behavior problems.  I had to list my current pets and all pest owned within the past five years.  I had to list veterinarian references.  I had to testify to my financial ability to care for a cat.

They called my references and then conducted a telephone interview with me and said.... they will let me know.

And I didn't even tell them about burying two cats recently.  I only confessed to Boo but didn't mention Jason.

So, you would think that in light of the face that they are a low kill shelter and have literally a hundred cats needing homes... you would think that it would be easy to declare me a suitable person to adopt a cat.   I mean,. let's be real.  Screen out people who look like they are looking for animals for their satanic rituals.  Rule out anyone who wants to use the cats as bait for their dog fighting rig.  But when you have a mother with two cute children in tow who wants to give a home to a little kitten... lighten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment