Friday, August 30, 2013

Grown-up playdate.

My dear friend, Becky, called me the other day with the idea that we get together to celebrate the first day of school (and the first day of the kids being out of the house).  I couldn't do it on Monday since I still had one more "kid" to get out of the house.  My husband was off that first Monday.  But we did get together on Wednesday.  She brought over some salmon and I managed to make cilantro lime rice and we had a nice little afternoon.  We decided to celebrate the day with cocktails so we indulged in some Bud Lite Strawberry-ritas and then I made a couple of drinks that  learned about on my Alaska trip.  These are shots called, of all things, "Duck Farts".  Now, I am not a big drinker but I found this drink particularly amusing - as much for the name as for the drink.  It is a layered shot with Khalua, Baileys Irish Creme and Crown Royal.

Of course right after Becky left, I, the non drinker that I am, had to take a little nap.  I woke up just before the lids were to get off the bus and realized that it was pouring rain...and remembered that they had no umbrellas.  I grabbed umbrellas and hustled down to the bus stop to wait for them. Of course, it stopped raining just before the bus arrived so my trip was in vain but the kids seemed happy to see me.

It was a nice afternoon and I am now inspired to have more grown-up playdates.

No comments:

Post a Comment