Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter pics

Wow, it is Friday and I have not shared our Easter pictures yet.  In my defense, my side of the family did not get together until Tuesday due to work schedules so I am only three days late.  I will start with that celebration. 

My husband had a dentist appointment so we ditched him and the kids and I drove out to my mother’s house to pick her up and then headed off to John and Kristy’s.  The drive was just about two hours and I appreciate that they are usually the ones to make the trek to our house.  I had suggested to John that we make it casual since we had sort of invited ourselves.  Instead of a stuffy family dinner, it was more of a playdate for the kids with an egg hunt thrown in.  The kids had a blast.  Their littlest one is talking up a storm now and can keep up with the older kids. 







When the kids pose themselves


Oldest to youngest

My husband's side of the family celebrated Easter on Sunday at Jim's house.  I sent my dear husband with a  camera and here is what he brought back:






I know I already have this picture but since he took it twice, I posted it twice.



Apparently, I needed a picture of a battle wound from the gunfight
Now, I don't mean to portray my family-in-laws as gun crazy violent country folk (well, maybe Jim) so I have to make sure that it is clear that the guns in the pictures are airsoft guns and the kids love playing with them at Uncle Jim's house because he has enough land to accommodate this type of play.  They really are not fanatics (well, except Jim).  My husband is a foodie though.  Everywhere we go, he feels the need to take pictures of food.  I have vacation albums full of pictures of our breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

I hope everyone else had a great Easter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment