Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More work stories

I had a frustrating day at work.  My first source of angst came when I asked a more senior employee where I could find the forms we are supposed to use when taking a damaged item off the shelf.  He told me that he doesn't know, or care.  He just leaves the items on the shelf or just throws them in the back of the shelf.  He then went on to put me down for giving a $*&^.  He mumbled about working hard all week at his other job and doesn't feel that he has to work had here.  I'm sorry, but I have to differ.  Lowes does not know or care how hard you work at your other job.  They are paying you for the time you are at Lowe's and you owe an honest day's work during the time you are on the payroll.  If someone else want to be a slacker, there isn't really much I can do about it but don't put me down for working hard.  I really hate working with lazy people.

My next source of frustration:  When I ring up a customer for an item which needs assembly or deliver, I put their order in the computer in the back of the store and then send them up to the register to pay for it.  At some point or another, I am supposed to get an assembly ticket and I place that ticket on the item when I pull it off the shelf and take it to assembly.

I have been at Lowe's for 90 days now and I have always received the assembly ticket from customer service.  All of a sudden, customer service is looking at me like I have two heads and I am being told that the cashier is supposed to give me a ticket.  The cashier does not know anything about this when I ask.  So, I am then told that assembly tickets need manager's approval.  OK, I have been proactive and have requested assembly tickets for floor items which ahve been sold and although I think I can make the decision myself, I am OK with getting manager's approval.  But when a customer has paid for assembly, why do I need manager approval to have the item assembled?

It is really making me crazy.  I used to be able to take a person's life, liberty or property without any prior approval.  Let me say that again, I literally could take a life without getting anyone's approval (yes, there is a slight bit of oversight after the fact but at that moment, the decision would have been all mine) but now I can't get a chair put together without a maanger signing off on it?!?

It should not take me an hour and involve a manager to get such a simple thing done.

No comments:

Post a Comment