Tuesday, June 21, 2011

a relaxing day

The kids just would not go to sleep last night so this morning, they slept in to an uncharacteristic 8:30.  I took advantage by sleeping in as well.  After a breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast and bacon, my husband and the kids headed down tot he beach.  I stayed behind to paint the condo front door.  It had started getting little rust speckles and the formerly white paint had yellowed.  I used Rustoleum door paint and it stunk!  It took two coats and then had to dry so I was stuck indoors for most of the morning.

My husband had to run back home this afternoon for an appointment tomorrow but he has promised me he will be back.  He would never abandon me do entertain the kids by myself.. would he?  Just kidding, he promised he would be back Wednesday afternoon.  He has a list of things to bring back with him.  The photo card reader is on the list.

We have renters coming in Saturday so we have to do our pre-season deep cleaning before we leave. 

The kids and I spent some time at the pool and did the McDonald's dollar menu for dinner.  We then walked over to Northside park again for some playground time.  We watched part of a couple of softball games and headed back as night fell.  We are currently negotiating sleeping arrangements.  The condo has a queen bed and a queen fold out couch.  Of course, I am claiming the bed (since I never seem to get it) and each child is claiming sleeping with me.  We'll see how this all pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment