Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The boss called!

Al called me this afternoon and apologized for not getting back to me sooner.  He had a lot on his plate between the firing and having a walk through.  The good news is that he gave me off this Friday night (so I don't have to deal with childcare issues) and he is having me work Saturday and Sunday.  He wouldn't commit anything after that.  he said he had to discuss my schedule with the HR person.  I was under the impression that he was the one with the final say but apparently not. 

So, for now, I still have a job.  More important, I still have my employee discount.  My husband and I are coming up with a project list and trying to prioritize what little money we have.  I think I want to special order my laminate floors for the downstairs since that is where my discount will give me the best bang for my buck.  We desperately need new counter tops but my discount is only $100 for the entire project.  I think we will wait until we have more cash for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment