Sunday, October 9, 2011

You should never look back

I made the decision to hold the now famous giant yard sale this weekend.  I knew that this meant that I would have to forgo my favorite hobby - going to the auction.  I was OK with this decision and frankly, the previous week's auction didn't look very good online so we skipped that one.  Knowing I wasn't going to the auction, I intentionally didn't look at this weekend's inventory.

And then, along came my lousy good for nothing husband (said with love, dear). This evening, Sunday, the day after the auction he decided, not only to look at eh auction site, but to call me upstairs to see what I missed.  It was the best auction ever.  We have been dreaming of starting some sot of food truck / catering business for, oh, I don't know, 20 years.  The auction had a sparkling clean hot dog trailer.  We have been looking for a landscaping trailer ever since we got rid of our pick-up truck, they had a trailer.  Two or three crab dip nets which usually retail at $50, got them too.  A dune buggy (not that we were looking for one but...) A riding mower (who couldn't use a spare?) Cabinets for the laundry room, new tools, hose reels for my trot line.  I could go on and on.  See for yourself and and check out the pictures  I don't know how long they leave the previous week's auction up on the site so please forgive me if it is gone by the time you look at it.

Oh, I am so glad I had that yard sale (heavy sarcasm)

No comments:

Post a Comment