Friday, July 13, 2012

Brutal day

As I have mentioned, the neighbors and I are sharing childcare this summer.  We each have days where one of watches all four kids and when we are both working, we have a sitter (shout out to Leslie - you are awesome!)  Add playing together on weekends and Little D practically moving in with us, we were bound to have a falling out eventually.

And, this one was a doozy.  Arguing all day, at least one physical fight. Accusations flying back and forth and it even started getting a little tense between the parents.  It was ugly to the point where Big Boy cowered and hid in his room when he thought Little D was coming over to pick something up.

Mary, totally bailed me out when she said "I think the boys need a little break, I am sending Little D to work with his father"  Thank goodness, because that would have been a day when Leslie had the kids and with the fights the day before, I didn't want to put that on her.

Well, as it is in the world of young boys, the squabble was short lived.  24 hours after the boys were separated, they found a way to be back together.  I was upstairs on the computer while Big Boy and Little Bit were supposedly cleaning Big Boy's room - which they were required to get done before I would let them get in our pool.  I didn't hear them down there so I went searching.  I found them in the neighbor's pool playing with the two next door and it was as if they had never had the falling out.

This morning, Big Boy said that Little D called him last night and asked if they were OK now.  he wasn't sure if he had dreamed it but when I checked his call history, sure enough, there was an evening call from Little D.
________________________________________________________________________________

In reference to my last post about wanting to travel but not having the money.  I think I just might do it but it would now be just a one day trip and on a very strict budget.  Not to dwell on the money but right now, I have exactly $347 in my account.  I have to spay the cat before she gets knocked up  (75) and I have to pay for childcare next Thursday ($95). That will leave me $177 to live on until payday on the 25th. But, if you think about it, that is just about the same amount of money I spent the week before last taking the kids to the auction.  I think I ended up spending $130 that day.

Apparently there is a train from the airport directly to the arch - how much can that cost a person? $5? and the fee for the arch is something like $5 for kids and $10 for adults.  If I take breakfast for the airport and some snacks, I should be able to feed my kids lunch and dinner for $50 or less.  I will still invite the neighbor kids (now that we are friends again) but they will have to bring their own money.

You see, I am back and forth about this trip.  I guess you will have to stay tuned to see if we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment