The most exciting thing about ringing in the new year is that our Internet usage is back!!! Yes, this past month, we ran out of the Internet...by December 18th no less. As I have posted before, we are out in the country where the Internet has not even visited yet. We are using a wi-fi hotpot which has a monthly data allotment.
So, just to catch up.
Christmas was great. Everyone was happy with their gifts at home and them we headed off to the big family gathering (on my husband's side) at Jim's house. We all had a great meal and a lot of fun. The kids were graced again with gifts and seemed very happy with all that were received. They had a good time playing with their cousins - who they don't see nearly enough and my husband and I enjoyed our time with the grown ups.
Two days after Christmas, we went to the humane society where we bailed out our two brand new kittens. I will have to post pictures later because if I try to do them now, i will never get this update posted. The kittens are Sebastian (age 3 months) and Matilda (age 4 months). They are not related but look the same to the untrained eye. The initial plan was to tell my husband that we had adopted a cat with the plan being that as long as he didn't see them in the same room at the same time, he would never be the wiser. But, I cracked under pressure and confessed. I could no longer encourage the kids to lie to their father. The kittens ar a blast.
We had my brother John, his wife Kristy and their two kids over for New Year's Eve. They spent the night after we rang in the new year and then had a huge breakfast in the morning. We had also invited the next door neighbors and their two kids and I think that everyone had a great time.
New Year's day, we headed over to my mother's house for a second Christmas celebration. Another great time was to be had and we came home late in the evening, exhausted but said that our week long Christmas was over. It was a bear getting the kids up for school the next morning but, here we are, back in the groove of things.
Tomorrow morning, Lil' Bit and I are headed up to Philly to help a friend move so we will be away for the weekend but hope to get back into the regular postings again.
No comments:
Post a Comment