Thursday, April 25, 2013

The dreaded Spring cold


I have one of those Spring colds that is just annoying.  Not sick enough to stay home from work but just sick enough to wish you were sick enough to stay home.  I don’t know about anyone else but of all the annoying symptoms, the one that is the least bearable is the sore throat.  Most of my colds start in a very specific order.  A sore throat which makes it impossible to sleep, then, just as the sore throat starts to ease, I get a runny nose, stuffy nose and then a cough.  Funny thing, is that as I feel better,  usually lose my voice and all of a sudden, I get tons of sympathy since, now, I sound bad.  This cold is mild (so far) but I have been dying for a nap…. which, of course, never seems to happen.

While the sore throat is my most annoying cod symptom, me second most annoying cold issue has to be my mother’s life long propensity to question me every time I say  am suffering from a cold or allergies.  Without fail, if I mention to my mother that I have a cold, she says that it is probably allergies but she says it in that annoying “you just can’t be right” voice that drives me crazy.  In a few weeks, my allergies will kick in and if I am talking to her and happen to mention that I am suffering from allergies, she will inevitably  pull out the voice and tell me that it is probably a cold.  I think that next time I have a cold, I will tell her I have allergies just so that she can tell me I have a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment