Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another auction day

I told you I was hooked.  You can't take someone like me with compulsive tendencies and introduce them to something like auctions.

Both my husband and I wanted to go to the auction and the only way to manage that was to bring both kids because, frankly, the law frowns on leaving six year olds home alone - especially all day.  Big Boy loves going tot he auction so he is not the problem.  It is Lil Bit who makes it a chore.  So, my husband and Lil Bit went to hang out in the van.  eventually Big Boy joined them and when they became too restless to bear, my husband took them home and left me, unsupervised, at the auction.  I actually was pretty tame.  Until I found a cordless drill I wanted, I was only in about $20.  The drill cost me $12.50 and my fingers are crossed that the batteries are not toast.

I really had my heart set on these fun palm trees, pictured here behind the swing


There were three of them and they were prestrung with lights.  I though they would be awesome around our pool.  But, they were set to be at the end of the auction, after the furniture.  Furniture was not even in play by 6:40 when hubby and the kids dragged me out of the auction.

I also had my eye on these two pieces (if they went for cheap enough).  They were in a lot of furniture which was all brand new but these looked like they had seen a little use.  Maybe they were the showroom set.  I don't know.


After the auction, we stopped by our favorite Chinese buffet.  Lil Bit once again declared ice cream as her favorite Chinese food and had three bowls.  

And here it is, almost 9:00.  Everyone is tired except Big Boy, who has declared that he is 'bored'.  Well, I'm sure as heck not entertaining him.  I'm ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment