Happy Valentine's Day to one and all!
That said, my husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. Frankly, I am too cheap. I would be highly annoyed if my husband spent $80 on roses on V Day when he could put the money to other good use or, if so inclined, buy me roses three times a year (on other days) for that money. As for the box of chocolates, I guarantee he will pick up a few boxes and bags of themed candy tomorrow - he can't resist a deal. Although it sounds very unromantic, I think of it as practical and more romantic to celebrate love (and passion) the other 364 days of the year.
I was all geared up for a day of house cleaning and sanding living room walls (freshly spackled after removing the glue from the crown moulding). In fact, I goaded my husband into helping and we were in the middle of cleaning the kids' rooms when my dear friend Becky called. She was playing hookey from work and wanted to know if I wanted to run to Delaware for clothes shopping. I am not a big clothes buying person but it as been eons since Becky and I have gotten together and even longer since we took any kind of a road trip. Bye, bye hubby, I'm outta here.
We had a blast and got all caught up on each other's happenings. Just like old times, we had lots of laughs. especially when...
We were at a store for larger sized women and I could not help but notice that there was a section for undergarments and such. I could not resist. The spirit of valentine's Day came over me after all. I tried on a fancy lace bra in no other than bright red. I was in stitches when I realized that the bra pushed my already ampleness up and out and I looked a lot like the boob shots of the Victoria Secret models from the commercials (only in the boob area - I looked a lot like something else in the tummy area). I had to show Becky and we cracked up. I then got the bright idea to take a picture with Becky's phone and email it to my husband. Yes, we preach to kids that they should never send these types of pictures. yes, I know that once something is out there, it is out there. But it was sooo funnny! So, we snap the picture but then we discover that we have no idea how to send if from Becky's new phone. Worse, we have no idea how to delete it.
I tried sending it to my husband and the phone send I sent it somewhere but, he never got it. If you are out there and received a picture of me in a sexy red bra, please delete it - thank you. And Win, don't bother, we finally did figure out how to delete the picture from the phone.
I think this is why Becky and I are not allowed to get together more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment