I start at Lowe's a week from Friday. I see this as a good news, good news, bad news, eh news situation. Good news, I am employable after all and will had a little spending money coming my way. Good news, I am working in a store that I love and bonus - get a discount. Bad news, I will be working every Friday from 6P-10P and every Saturday and Sunday from 9A-6P with no weekends off, ever. Not totally true, I do earn leave at a rate of about 6 days per year.
Part of me is excited about starting something new but part of me realizes what a step back this is for me. I think it takes about six months before you can make any career moves at Lowe's and I really don't see myself making it six month of working all weekends. It would not be a problem for me at all if it was just me or just me and my husband but I can't miss that time with my kids and I think they will have a hard time as well.
My plan is to give it a good try and have fun while I am there but at the same time, keep myself open to other opportunities.
In other news... We have been searching for Big Boy's iTouch...again. My husband, the Negative Nelly, was sure that it was gone forever and that Big Boy was the most irresponsible kid in the world. - Now, hold that thought.
We have been in a little bit of a lazy rut and spend our days not getting things done like laundry or housework. I decided that we should spend 30 - 60 minutes a day, right afte the kids head off to school, cleaning up. We would do a quick pick-up of the house and then pick one room to really scrub. I mean baseboards and ceiling fans, dusting and vacuuming - top to bottom. This morning, we decided to tackle the master bedroom. We pulled all of the furniture away from the walls and cleaning behind dressers and headboards. Did I say headboards? Oh, look, there is an iTouch behind our headboard. Prime suspect - Lil Bit. She likes to run off with Big Boy's electronics and she must have dropped while playing in our bed.
Sorry Big Boy, you were wrongly accused.
No comments:
Post a Comment