Monday, March 21, 2011

Have you ever heard a fox scream?

The past few nights have been nice enough to sleep with my bedroom window open.  I have been hearing a sound which sends my dog into a frenzy.  It sounds like a scream in the woods and goes one for several minutes - several times a night.  The dog runs outside (through the dog door) and barks loudly at the woods.  The animal does not move on right away.  I then have to get up and yell at the dog so that she doesn't irritate the few neighbors I have.

I was pretty sure it was a bird - probably an owl, but I thought I would look it up since it freaked Big Boy out tonight.  Here is what I found through google.


That is exactly what my noise sounds like.

P.S. the dog goes crazy when you play this You Tube video as well.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting...I haven't heard that noise but thanks to you, if I do I'll have an explanation. Any indication why they do this? The Fox doesn't look irritated....

    ReplyDelete