- offensive term: an offensive term for a person considered to lack energy, enthusiasm, or the ability to think independently
- dead body given life by voodoo: in voodoo, a dead body supposedly brought back to life again without a soul
- voodoo spirit reviving dead body: in voodoo, a spirit that supposedly brings a dead body back to life again
My husband has recently started snoring. Not a regular snore with a rhythmic in and out but rather a horrendous loud erratic snore. He will have a kitten like gentle in and out snore punctuated by soft murmurs of almost talking in his sleep and then suddenly, a loud snort/snark/snore erupts and startles me every time. It is loud and obnoxious but worse is the shock of it. The noise catches me off guard and startles me awake throughout the night.
Before I hear the diagnoses of 'sleep apnea', let me reassure that the only time he stops breathing at night is after I have held the pillow tightly over his face for several minutes.
This has been going on for more than a week now and I have taken to wandering around the house trying to find somewhere else to sleep. The couch is downstairs where it is freezing and the thirty year old pile of dust mites is not very comfortable anyway. I try to crawl in bed with Lil' Bit but she can crowd you out of a king sized bed so her little twin won't work. My best bet has been to sleep with Big Boy in his queen bed but even that can be quite dangerous. So, I am left to wander.
I have never needed a lot of sleep but I do need some to get by.
This explains why I am behind on my blog. I know I owe a post on my thoughts about the difference between private and public sector jobs and I want to talk about my fitness goals now that the YMCA pool is open again. But for now, I think I need to pretend to be cleaning the kids' rooms while I sneak in a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment