Well, I have decided not to post a picture of my poison ivy face. It is just too hideous and there may be children within eyeshot of your monitor and I would not want to scare them. Although I am calling it poison Ivy, I am pretty sure that it is not actually a reaction to that particular plant, rather a reaction to something that lives in my gardens (which is usually a lot of weeks and a few flowers). I am so paranoid about getting poison ivy that I super aware of it and avoid it at all costs. I think I would have seen some signs of it if that was what I ran into.
I went to the doctor today and he prescribed a mega dose of prednisone. There are seventy five pills in the bottle and it is a 20 day course of treatment. I also asked him to give me a referral to see an allergist since I get this break out at least twice a summer and almost always on the right side of my face and almost always causing my eye to swell shut. Hopefully I can get some help and can get back into the gardens without fear of my face falling of.
In the mean time, have been popping Benedryl like Pez and can barely stay awake. So, on that note, I will bring this entry to a close so that I can regroup before the kids get home. Uh oh, too late. Lil' Bit is calling my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment