Saturday, May 21, 2011

We are home

Sorry for the absence.  We came home Tuesday...Late.  We had a late flight to begin with and then it ended up being delayed.  Between getting luggage and our hour long drive home, it was well after midnight before we all got settled in to sleep.  No rest for the weary, the kids had to be in school the next morning and we both had to run different directions for job testing and interviews.

I confess that I was overly ambitious to think I could successfully blog about our trip, during our trip.  There are so many pictures to get through and so many stories to tell and I was handicapped by a tiny keyboard on the netbook.  And, of course, there was going to the parks and pool.

I am back at work and the store is very busy.  Also, I worked in the garden a little yesterday and you know what that means.  Yes, I have contact dermatitis, affecting my right eye... again.  We really have to figure out what is going on with me.  The first few times it happened, we were sure that it was poison ivy but I am extremely careful about not coming in contact with that nasty little plant given my susceptibility to it.  So, it looks like I am allergic to something else in the garden.  When this happens, my right eye swells, causing the area above the eye to well and my eyebrow arches up like a deranged super villain.  Eventually by eye ends up swollen shut and the whole side of my face becomes deformed.  It is not a pretty sight at all.  Luckily, I don't seem to have it too bad this go 'round but I fear the worst is not behind me yet.  I usually suck it up when something ails me but I have a follow-up job interview this Friday also I think I will head to the doctor on Monday.

If I am brave, I will post a picture.  And, if you are braver, you will look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment