My kids and the neighbor kids looked like they wanted to camp out it he house all day again so I declared that they all had to stay out of the house until it started to rain. Although that worked wonders, I still did not get below the foyer landing with my housework. But, I did get the kitchen, living room and master bedroom clean, including the floor!
We had plans to eat the previous day's crab catch. My neighbor Daryl brought the corn and we pulled the crabs out of the fridge. I insisted that we eat out back since I just couldn't face dealing with the crab mess in my sparkly kitchen. The crabs were delicious and the corn was sweet as candy. The weather was pleasant enough but the flies drove us bonkers.
After eating crabs, the kids decided to ignore the layer of ice coating the pool and dive in. OK, I exaggerate but the water was pretty cold. But, for kids, it doesn't matter if lips turn blue or not. They will find a way to endure as long as they could swim.
After fhe frolicking, we had to hustle over to an openeing meeting of this year's cub scouts. The den leader asked everyone to bring a side dish or desert and she provided hamburgers. It was great to see the boiys together again and it was brave of Jennifer to have them in her house.
That pretty much wrapped up our Labor Day. Now it is back to our school year routine.










No comments:
Post a Comment