Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Happy (belated) blogaversary.  I started this blog last year I the first week of November (the fourth, to be exact).  My goal was to blog at least once a day for thirty days.  I met and even exceeded that goal but now it almost seems like my new goal is to go thirty days without blogging.  I promise that won’t happen.  Anyone who knows me in person knows that I can’t shut up that long.

I started the blog as a sort of therapy to deal with the transition from a 26 year career to… well, to whatever I would end up doing.  Of course, so far, that hasn’t been much career wise.

In the past year, I have made 286 posts, received 75 comments on my posts and have had a whopping 10,659 page views.  Now, granted about 200 of those have been people checking in this past week to see if I am ever going to get around to posting.

I found it fascinating to see where people are logging in from. 

United States                9,946
Canada                            413
Australia                            70
Iceland                              50
Netherlands                       50
United Kingdom                19
Sweden                            13
Spain                                12
France                              12
Belguim                            11

A while ago, I added a widget to the front of the blog so that viewers can see these type of stats as well.  The lists do not match up though.  If you click on map at the bottom of the page you will get a list of viewers by country and by state.  According to this map, I have a different set of people logging in, including Japan.  I wonder if Wakako has found my blog.  But, if she did, she found me boring because the person from Japan has only logged in once.

In the past  year, I have left a job that I have held since early adulthood, taken a job that I enjoyed but would have eventually left me frustrated (no one to boss around), applied to countless other jobs and have been rejected a whole lot.  I have finished a few projects around the house and yard but have many more to go.  I have lost 30 pounds and aged a year.  I have celebrated my kids’ birthdays, a family anniversary, and a wedding anniversary. 

My mother has had a few medical scares (one very recently) which has caused me to worry about taking care of her for the first time (she is very active and very independent). 

We have survived a plague of stinkbugs, an earthquake and a hurricane and most significant, my husband and I survived being in the house together for several months.

I have tried to share all of this with my readers while still maintaining a little privacy for my husband and children.   A few of my posts have been serious, some have tried to be funny and a lot have been anecdotes about my kids

I have had a blast writing this blog and I hope that the people reading it have had some fun reading it.  Stay tuned as I have much more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment