Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mommy tirade

Between my watching the neighbors kids, our sitter watching all four kids in our house once a week and all the kids playing together on the days of the week where we are each watching our own but they still end up playing together, we have had anywhere from 2-4 kids running around the house all summer.  I have had to be a little stricter than usual because I have come to realize a few things.  First off, kids are messy.  I mean really messy.  Back when I worked full time, the house was clean but that was because the house was empty al day.  When we were at work, the kids were in daycare and there was no one home to mess up the house.

Second, four kids are messier than two. 

Third, when the parent at the other household is stricter than you, all the kids will take advantage and trash your house.

So, last night, I went on one of my Mommy tirades.  I even told Little D over the phone "Don't even think of coming over tomorrow unless you plan on cleaning my house"

My husband had been at home with my two all day and the other two had come over to play and by the time I got home, the house was trashed.  I mean really trashed.  it looked like the aftermath of a teenage house party.  All my rules about not eating downstairs and not leaving trash and dshes all over the house were broken.  clothes and toys were everywhere.

So, today, there is a housework job jar and they are cleaning my house.  The neighbors are even in on it.  There are some treats in the job jar and one of them is an hour at the library.  This means that I get to go to the library also and I will use that time to download some of my pictures from this weekend.

Back to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment