Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bought a lottery ticket today

No, not the big powerball that has already been claimed.  I bought a regular old ticket.  This is something I never do.  I cannot recall ever buying a ticket before this, in my life.  In fact, I had to ask my partner, Junior to walk me through it.  He steered my in the direction of a ticket which will pay $5,000 if I hit.

Why the sudden rush to give my money away?  I just had a lucky day.  No big "over the top" lucky day but some good moments.

First off, my brother called me last night to say that my mother had a stroke and was being transported to the hospital.  Well, he said a "probable" stroke.  Today, I found out that he has no future in medicine... it turns out that my mother is fine.  No stroke.

Yesterday, my husband took the kids tot he movies and this morning he called to say that he just learned that Big Boy left his iPod Touch at the theatre.  We were sure it was gone for good.  I called the theatre as soon as they opened and... yes, someone had turned it in.

I was scheduled for the range tomorrow for my annual qualification.  I was not happy about this because I had no childcare lined up for the kids' half day of school plus it would make it harder for me to get over to visit Mom in the hospital (they are keeping her for a few days).  We received a phone all that my chilly day at the range had been cancelled due to the range being too sloppy wet.

We had a visiting judge today and he is excruciatingly slow.  The only thing that could make him slower would be a case where we had an interpreter.  We had three scheduled.  I was anticipating not getting off on time.  The interpreter had a schedule mix-up and failed to show and the three cases were rescheduled.

No over the top big lucky events but a string of simple lucky events.  I bought a lottery ticket.


No comments:

Post a Comment