Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I don't mean to keep whining...


about school but, this class is really making me work for my grade. I literally spent 8 hours working on my big paper (40% of the grade). He said he wants to see between 8-10 pages so I wrote and wrote until I could write no more. I was up to 6 pages and could not figure out how to add more stuff without adding useless drivel. While I appreciate having an idea of how many pages are expected, I feel that once I have thoroughly covered a topic, I should stop writing.

I submitted what I had to the UMUC writing center, a free service where they look over your work and offer suggestions and critique. I had plans to hole up tomorrow and try to squeeze out a little more fluff really good material.

Then, I had my Duoh moment. Double space. Double space you fool. I am writing in APA style and the paper has to be double spaced. Now, I need to spend tomorrow figuring out how to delete two pages of really good material fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment