We live out in the boonies. What does that mean to the blog and what does it have to to with being at the library? The Internet has not made it into my neck of the woods yet. No DSL, no cable, no FIOS, nada. We tried to get microwave a few years ago but there has to be a sight line to the dish and after walking my roofline for an hour, the technician declared failure. So, we have a cellular air card and we pay for Internet by the megabit (or is it megabyte?) Now that I don't have my high speed Internet at work anymore, and with two of us home, we have already used half of our month's allotment of megawhatevers. We don't know what happens when we go over but we don't want to find out. So, I packed the kids in the car and I am using the library for my Internet access.
The next time I move, the first question I will ask is "Is there Internet access and what kind is it?" The heck with "does the house have any structural issues?" or "is there a sewage treatment plant next door?" No, I want the big answers first. You don't realize how dependant you are on the WWW until it is hard to come by.
The library outing was a good idea anyway. We are all going a little stir crazy at home anyway. We have a new TV downstairs and I can't, for the life of me, get the Wii to work on it. The kids have declared that they are bored of board games. There are no kids home in the neighborhood and there are so many times I can say "stop teasing your brother/sister, Santa's watching"
I realize I am in trouble. The kids have been home one full day and they are already climbing the walls. In the past, my husband and I were back at work the weeks between Christmas and New Years and the kids were at daycare,. This will be the first year we will all be home. But, at least they will have all of their new Christmas goodies to play with (for the five minutes they are new and interesting). We are planning a trip downtown one of the days next week to visit the museums and go see the National Christmas Tree. Of course, we didn't go this week with the warm sunny weather so next week, it will be guaranteed cold and wet.
Well, it looks like the kids have their books picked out and are ready to go. Lil Bit has been picking books which are way above even Big Boy's level. I noticed a trend a while ago. Each of the books featured a picture of a Chinese girl on the cover. Which is funny since she is "Not Chinese anymore, Mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment