I have been best friends with Becky for forever and a half (ever since Middle School) and we were even roommates for a while. But, we grew up and got busy with kids and jobs and our time together got more and more scarce. After a couple of decades of Becky being a stay at home mom, she got a full time job just as I retired and found myself at home. I contemplated calling in bogus complaints to her supervisor just to get her fired but my conscience got the better of me. It has been so bad with our family schedules that we have not even had telephone time lately.
Well Becky finally had a day off on a weekday and lo and behold, all of our children were in school. We had a playdate! When Becky pulled up, I was literally standing in the garage jumping up and down.
We hung out and talked and Becky helped me make a big tray of Baklava for a diabetes fundraiser - I know, ironic isn't it? It's not my fault that the fundraiser was a bake sale and everyone else was making the usual brownies and cookies. We did a little decorating and ran a few errands together but mostly, we got caught up on what has been going on with each other. Of course, if Becky wants to stay caught up with me, all she has to do is read my blog but, since she hasn't written anything on her blog in four months.... well, it was nice to get caught up.
No comments:
Post a Comment