Monday, December 19, 2011

Visit with Santa

Confession:  We have been using someone else’s WiFi when we are out our condo.  I don’t know if they got wise to our scam or if it is a coincidence but all of the signals have been locked and we do not have the necessary password to use them.  I had planned on posting about our visit immediately after we saw Santa but the plan was foiled.

Here is how our overly ambitious weekend turned out.  My husband left for work Saturday morning and left me alone to the cleaning, packing, kid wrangling etc.  Needless to say, only two out of three of those got done (I’ll give you a hint: the house ain’t clean).  Even though I had no intentions of attending the gerbil funeral, I felt compelled to contribute in some way.  I went out into my garden and clipped some tiny little roses and rose hips from my climbing rose bush.  The flowers were about ¼ - ½ inches across.  I then used some tagboard to cut out about a three inch wreath and also made a little stand.  A little bit of hot glue and we had a first class funeral wreath fit for a tiny little gerbil.

Big Boy attended the service while Lil’ Bit and I stayed back home.  When Big Boy came back, we jumped in the car and headed east.  Big Boy declared that he wanted to go straight to the beach and skip the auction.  Lil’ Bit was in on this as she mistakenly thought that the sooner we got there, the sooner she would get to see Santa.   At first, I didn’t care either way about his week’s auction but once Big Boy had said he wanted to go, I had it in my head.  I was disappointed that he had changed his mind, especially since we had to drive right by it.  At a loss of what else to do, I succumbed to the worst thing I could do… bribery.  I told Big Boy that we could stop for a restaurant lunch if he agreed that we would at least stop in at the auction.  Of course, our late start and long restaurant lunch made us incredibly late for the auction.  The box lots were gone by the time we got there. 

But, Big Boy found some video games that he wanted and he got three of them for $3 each.  Lil’ Bit won a toy and I got a few things here and there.  In the end, both kids said they were glad we stopped in at the auction and Big Boy said he regretted that we got there so late.

Off to Ocean City:  We got to the condo at around 7:00, ran inside to turn on the heat and then walked over to Northside Park for our Santa visit.  It was freezing so we decided to skip the tram ride through the Christmas lights.  We opted to go straight for the Santa visit.  Big Boy no longer has the magic of Santa in his heart so he opted to just stand behind Santa’s chair.



Lil' Bit and I had rehersed and rehersed the santa talk and she had it down but once she got in front of the big man himself, stage fright struck and she could not rmemeer more than one item on her list.  Luckily, I had convinced my reluctant husband that this was the gift this year and it is on its way...uh, from the North Pole, of course.


To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment