Friday, December 16, 2011

Words with Friends

My husband is an idiot - more on that later.

Have you heard of this new app, Words with Friends? 



It is an online scrabble game where you can play with your friends.  You don't have to play at the same time.  You take your turn and hit send, then, whenever the other player is ready to play, they just open the app and take their turn.  I don't know about anyone else's phone but I get a notification when it is my turn to play.  You can also play on facebook but since I don't facebook don't expect to find me there.

Back to the husband....  My husband knows I have an addictive personality

Readers (collectively):  Nooo, Maria, you have an addictive personality?

Yes, dear friends, it is true.  I cite as exhibits 1- 6

My obsessive Christmas tree collection
My auction compulsion
My addiction to Rumor Queen
Disney Pins
Sudoku
The Young and the Restless

I could go on.  Boy, could I go on.

My husband also knows that I can be a bit competitive and that I love puzzles and word games.  He should recall that when we were dating, we played scrabble and even bought a travel board so that we could play at the beach.

So, why on God's green earth would he not only mention the game to me but insist I download the app and play a game with him?  Idiot!  Now dinner times consist of my insisting that my 9 year old son bring his Dad's phone to the table so that we can continue our game (I am winning!)  We take the phones to the bus stop in the morning.  I woke him up at 3AM last night to ask why he had not come up with a word yet.  OK, I didn't do that but I wanted to because I figured out my next word but can't use it until he takes his darn turn!

So, if anyone wants to play with me, I am Maria986.  Please remember that I am starting a new job next week and I am not allowed to have my cell phone with me so try not to get me fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment