Factoid: There are 19 decorated Christmas trees in the White House this year. There are not 19 trees at my house.
Today's trees are the Bay Tree and the Police Memorial Tree
The Bay tree is a tall narrow flocked tree, pre-lit with frosted white lights. It is one of the few trees that has enough lights on it out of the box. I don't dd any additional lights to this tree.
All of the decoration represent life on the Chesapeake Bay or vacations in Ocean City. The garland is sparkly white fisherman's net. We truly love our life on the Eastern Shore. We love the water and especially love our blue crabs. Since we usually come into our house through the garage and into the family room, this is the fist tree we see when we com into the house.
The last 17 years of my career with the police department were spent in the Administrative Services Division serving under Captain Dan O'Neil. For the past several of those years, Dan gave each of his employees a Christmas tree ornament from the Police Memorial Foundation. I was a young officer when the idea of a police memorial was first introduced and I made some small, but significant to me, contributions to the building of the memorial. I attended the groundbreaking ceremony and although I missed the dedication, I did visit the memorial shortly after it opened. The memorial is a special place where our fallen officers are remembered with their names engraved on a long (way too long) wall.
I have dedicated a Christmas tree to the memorial and it is adorned with the ornaments given to me by Dan.
The tree is four feet tall and is covered in white LED lights in two different sizes. There is a string of blue lights running diagonally, representing the 'This Blue Line" . I am not happy with how my thin blue line has turned out so I have my eye out for a blue tube light to use next year.













No comments:
Post a Comment