Big Boy played his fifth football game this morning and we suffered a tough loss. We were playing one of the better teams and our star player hurt his elbow at recess the other day and was out for the game. I have some mixed feelings about the whole thing. I think that the boys needed to be humbled a little bit. Up until now our only loss was against last year's champions and it was given up in a grueling overtime. Our boys thought they were unbeatable (or barely beatable). well, after getting whooped up on 7 - 35, they no longer think that. I am disappointed that they lost but don't necessarily think it s to much of a bad thing. I think the coaches psyched them out a little bit. Yes, we are all disappointed that our star wasn't there but the coaches should not have put so much emphasis on that.
A couple of nice things about today's game. My brother-in-law, John made it out to the game and that made big Boy's day. Also, I went by the rehab center and checked my mother out and brought her. I don't think she understood any of the game and it was very hot for her (actually, for all of us) but she thoroughly enjoyed escaping from the four boring, stark walls of her room in the center.
After the game and after dropping Mom off, the kids and I headed to the auction. The crowd was large and the warehouse was packed but everything was going or very, very low bids. The old Maria would not have been able to resist buying four or five large packed boxes for a dollar (for all five boxes). I would have brought them home, sorted through them, throwing away most of the stuff and then pridefully thinking that I had come out ahead of I found one or two nuggets. But new Maria realized that I am tired of the junk and clutter and could not be bothered to bring the boxes home - even for a buck. I did end up grabbing a couple of things but I let a lot of stuff go.
It was pretty hot and Lil' Bit was in a cranky mood. She annoyed me just about to death so we cut our auction tie short. I came home to a disaster of a house and then proceeded to relax and do absolutely nothing about it. Tomorrow and Monday are housework days. Today was a day to put my feet up and chill. I didn't even feed the kids. When they finally complained about being hungry, I steered them in the direction of the leftovers and the microwave.
Hey, I worked full time last week - I am tired and deserve a rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment