Mom has her release date. They are sending her home on October 24th. Of course this is a work day/football practice day for me so I won't be able to help. My brother is going to have to come over from across the bridge to get her and take her home.
She is mentally ready to go. She is bored at the rehab center and can't wait to be home with her dog and her routine. And she has been doing well. She has been getting stronger every day.
I am very concerned though. I stopped by yesterday evening and found her asleep. She woke up when I came in and said she had to go tot he bathroom. She has been managing to get up by herself but this time, she couldn't even sit up, make less get out of bed. Her shoes were on the wrong feet and she was weak and confused. She managed to walk wither walker but then had to call for help once she finished with her toileting. She was very week and couldn't seem to remember how to maneuver with her walker.
She had been doing so well, that I am trying to chalk it up to her just having woken up. But I am concerned because it will only take one bad moment like this at home and she will be back in the hospital after another fall.
Well, we have several more days for the rehab center to keep an eye on her. Hopefully it was just an anomaly.
Er ... if she's taken a sudden turn in a weak and confused direction, they need to check whether she's managed to get yet another infection.
ReplyDeleteI thought so as well but she bounced back the next day so I will chalk it up to her having just woken up. But, that said, about a week or two into her stay, I happened to be there during her once a week doctor's visit and as soon as she mentioned that she was not sleeping well because she got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I jumped on it. Got her to tell the doctor that she was going frequently. Guess what... they tested her and she had an infection. I really wish the medical professionals involved in her care could keep on top of this.
ReplyDelete