Or better yet, where haven't I been? I have been running around like the proverbial chicken with her head cut off. Between football practice and football games, work, kids school, housework, auctions and travel, I have not had time to catch my breath, even less time to blog. I literally have not sat in front of the computer for longer than a few minutes in weeks. This is very, very unlike me. I am usually glued to the computer.
I have heard many times of the past few years that if you want to break a habit, or in this case, re-gain a habit, you have to do or not do whatever it is for one month. So, in this spirit, I am going to try to blog every day for the entire month of October. I know this can be done because when the blog was fresh and young, I did blog every single day. Then, a few months in, I missed a day. Then a bit later, another day. Now, here we are with my not having written of two weeks - and it was a few weeks before that that had previously blogged.
It is 9:58PM as I type this (will be later by the time I hit "post".). I have to get to bed because, a) I am exhausted... running on fumed and b) because I am an idiot. Yes, and idiot. I am working an extra day tomorrow as a substitute bailiff in another county and I forgot to bring my uniform jacket and badge home with me today. So, now I have to leave the house by 6:30AM to drive 35 minutes North to get my jacket and then hone hour South to the assignment. Therefore, here is my drive-by update:
Football - Big Boy is doing great. he is playing better and better every week (remember, this is his first year). His team is 3 - 1 having only lost to last year's league champion and making them earn this win in overtime. We practice for two hours three days a week and have games every Saturday. This is where most of our time goes.
Travel - In the true spirit of "Flying by the Seats of Our Pants" we gave my Mother-in-Law one day's notice before flying her off to Connecticut to go the a flea market. She had wanted to go last year but we never managed to arrange a trip. So, a couple a weeks ago, when I realized that one of our football games was right next to the airport, I called to ask her if she had planned on going to the game. When she said "yes" I told her to bring an overnight bag. And off we went for a beautiful weekend in CT.
Auctions - We had a early hoe game two weeks ago and went to the Cambridge auction. I didn't set out to but a boat but ended up coming home with one. I found a crabbing/fishing boat and decided to bid on it. I won it for $575 which was a steal. The trailer along is work at least that. I also went with a friend to the Crumpton auction on a Wednesday but didn't end up coming home with anything interesting.
This past Saturday was my annual plant auction. I have only missed one so far and that was the year my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary patty was scheduled for the same weekend. I managed to get several hours in at the auction before whisking off to another football game in the afternoon.
Homework, housework and chores - nothing new here. I am my usual backed up and overwhelmed self. Laundry is piled high, dishes washed as we need something to eat off of, homework sometimes done in the car on our way to or from something.
My mother - Mom had another bad spell and ended up in the hospital. She was released to a rehab center near me (at my request) and now I am making every effort to keep her company as much as possible. This means daily visits. Sometimes it is a five or ten minute pop in on my way to or from work and sometimes we manage a real visit
College - I am not in school yet this semester - than heaven!
Stay tuned while I try to post every day for the next 30 days.
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment