Big Boy knows. He has been asking for weeks and was even starting to get a little mad at us for not telling him/lying to him. But now it is official, he has been promoted from believer to helper. Yes, Big Boy is a bright kid and he figured out that Santa is not real. The questions started right after Lil Bit lost her tooth and Big Boy told us that he knew we were the tooth fairy. You could see that part of him still wanted to believe in Santa but part of him wanted confirmation of what he knew was true.
This morning, he dragged my husband into the bedroom and demanded to know the truth. We had decided a few days ago that we would have to come clean but my husband didn't want to be the one to tell him. When I told Big Boy, a big grin spread across his face. He was relived to finally have the confirmation he was seeking. Then he asked if he could help with the presents and keeping the magic alive for his sister.
While I am a little sad that the magic is gone for Big Boy, I am relieved that he understands about keeping the secret and I have a helper this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment