Thursday, November 4, 2010

Jumping in

A few days ago, I turned 46.  Not one of those milestone birthdays that ends with a five or a zero but an excuse to get off my behind and start the blog I have been planning. 

I had actually planned on starting this blog last June but I had just gone through a personal crisis and was probably not really in a good place for writing (more on that another day).  Now that I am not in a funk, I want to tell a little about myself.

I grew up firmly entrenched in the middle of the middle class in a suburb of Washington DC.  When I turned 20, I joined a municipal police department and now, 26 years later, I am about to retire.  Somewhere along the way, I fell in love with a fellow officer and we married in 1995.  We had a great time being DINKs (Double Income, No Kids) but eventually decided to start a family.  Big Boy was born in 2002.  Right away, I knew I wanted to add another child to our family but getting pregnant again wasn't meant to be.  We looked to international adoption and sent in our paperwork  in December 2006.  More on the adoption process and time lines at a later time but to make a long story short, Lil Bit joined our family at age 2 1/2 in July 2007.

My kids are the light of my life and they, of course, are the most brilliant, wonderful, amazing children in the world.  If you stick with my blog, I will entertain your with many examples of their brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment